Website Nolan Power Group
The leader of sales and service of DC power standby solutions since 1979.
Nolan Power Group, LLC has been the leader of sales and service of DC power standby solutions since 1979. We supply and service batteries, chargers, and uninterruptible power systems to the industrial, engineering, telecommunications, utility, and commercial industries across the Gulf States.
Our corporate office is located in Mandeville, Louisiana with additional offices in the Houston, TX, Dallas, TX, Lake Charles, LA, Mobile, AL and Lakeland, FL areas.
We are seeking highly motivated, success-driven individuals to be part of our dynamic team of professionals.
A fully competent UPS Field Technician applies an intensive and diversified knowledge of complete UPS start-up, testing and operations. Responsible for installation, commissioning, maintaining, repairing and providing emergency support on Batteries, Chargers, Inverters, Static Switches, and Maintenance Bypass Switches for Commercial, Telecom, and Industrial systems at customers’ sites. Performs commissioning focused design reviews, prepares commissioning test procedures and reports, coordinates and oversees on-site testing. Discuss with technical support problems related to maintenance or operation of equipment.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Maintain a safe working environment at all times. Report possible concerns to lead person or supervisor.
• Perform preventive maintenance tasks, such as checking, cleaning, or repairing equipment, to detect and prevent problems.
• Perform initial starts-ups.
• Provide 24/7 on-call emergency services as required.
• Work with other team members to complete custom and large installation projects.
• Educate customers on basic operation of their equipment, informing them of issues they may experience and the necessary corrective actions.
• Establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, co-workers, sales representatives and others as appropriate.
• Maintain and safeguard company-issued tools and equipment.
• Troubleshoot critical power systems down to the root cause and perform repairs with minimum customer downtime or site operation disruption.
• Protect company proprietary information, manuals, and records.
• Maintain vehicle in safe and operational condition and maintain current insurance and a valid license at all times.
• Recognize sales opportunities for critical power equipment and other add on products and link potential customers with the appropriate internal and external sales and technical resources.
• Timely and accurate completion of paperwork including Field Service Reports, time cards, and expense reports.
• Maintain technical documentation for study and/or review.
• Provide training and guidance to less experienced employees where necessary.
• Attend product specific training as necessary.
• Safely clean up electrolyte spills.
• Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
• Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
Education : Electronic or Electrical School preferred
Experience : Two to four years related electrical experience
1. Compensation package includes base salary plus performance-based incentive plan
2. Health, dental, life and supplemental insurance available
3. Seven (7) Paid holidays
4. Paid time off
To apply for this job email your details to HR@nolanpower.com